LIFE AFTER THE MMC 2008


What happens NOW?

We partook of the impartation of life at the MMC 2008, all of us, 60,000 men. We all had a bite or two and we all experienced this life – something awesome changed inside of us…

Are we going to take hold of this life we have received at the MMC and commit ourselves to it, no matter what? The lives we live are tough and we face confrontations and challenges daily. Each and everyone that met with God at the MMC will still have these confrontations and challenges, but it will seem different, because we look at it through different eyes. This new life is first a dying and secondly a resurrection. We succeed only when we die to live. The theme of this year’s MMC was Dying to Live, and rightly so because we were called to die.

Jesus Said:

…If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me.
(Luke 9:23)

Taking up your cross is the process of dying; it is your walk towards death. Jesus’ words was that we have to die daily, not just carry a heavy load…
Our success lies in the way we die…

No matter what the circumstances are we must die daily to everything else and live for Him, our Lord God and King, our Life-giver. For true life is only found in Him. When we die to everything else the salvation we found in Him becomes our resurrection…

John the Baptist said:

He must increase, but I must decrease.
(John 3:30)

and Paul said:

…that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable to His death; if by any means I might attain to the resurrection of the dead.
(Philippians 3:10-11)

We have to begin each day with God, dying if need be. We have some good traditions and habits, but we also have bad traditions and habits. These bad things must be killed daily in order for us to follow Him. Killing these bad habits is hard and at times it feels like we are dying with it, but do not fear for HE is our resurrection!!!

I don’t know about you, but I don’t die easy. Dying is painful and tough. I cling to stuff that I should actually let go of, which only increase the intensity of the whole dying process. Dying to self does not come easy, but it is possible and together we can do it. It is important to know that you cannot do it alone, you need God first and also the support of family or friends that are willing to walk to death with you that you may “attain to the resurrection of the dead

39 gedagtes oor “LIFE AFTER THE MMC 2008”

  1. Renier,

    2John 1:10 is about Christians that live out a doctrine that is not the doctrine of Christ brought by his Apostles. It is obvious that unbelievers will not abide to this doctrine. As far as I know you are an unbeliever.

    According to Genesis 12 Abraham was to bless all nations through the blessing he received from God…

    To answer your questions read this.

    Like

  2. Thomas, net oor die “and bring not this doctrine”. Ek is anti-doctrine. Ek dink die Christelike doctrine is net wensdenkery. So die versie is nie op my van toepassing nie?

    Like

  3. Renier,

    Die woorde in 2John is van toepassing op iemand wat hom voorgee as ‘n apostel of profeet of ‘n gestuurde van God en dan ‘n “doctrine” leer wat nie in lyn is met die “doctrine” van die apostels nie dis so persoon wat nie ontvang of geseën mag word nie.

    Jy klink baie upset oor jou belewenis van God en Jesus. Ek het bedoel dat ek nie in staat is om jou belewenis te verduidelik aan die hand van jou vrae nie. Dooie woorde is wat selfs die Bybel is as dit nie geglo word of deur die Heilige Gees openbaar word nie.

    Ek sal vir jou jou vrae antwoord. Ek hardloop net baie rond op die oomblik – soos jy kan sien ek is eintlik te min op die blog en sal graag elke tweede dag iets wil post.

    Like

  4. Thomas Dreyer, baie dankie vir die preek, maar dis nie waarvoor ek voor gevra het nie. Gaan jy my vrae ten minste *probeer* antwoord of maar eerder hoop jou god figure dit uit en email my met antwoorde?

    Thomas skryf: “Ek bid dat ons Here en God jou in Sy hand van beskerming sal neem en Homself aan jou sal openbaar.”

    Dankie, maar ek sou eerder dat jou jou kosbare tyd gebruik om ten minste in ‘n menslike gesprek, iets met inhoud, rede en logika te betree. Of is daar geen inhoud, rede en logika in jou sieninge nie en daarom verkies jy om met jou “make-belief” vriend in jou kop te gesels?

    Thomas skryf: “Ek is nie in staat om jou te oortuig met dooie woorde op ‘n blog nie”

    Ag kom nou, sekerlik kan god jou gebruik om logies en met rede met my te kan praat, of is die Heilige Gees se hande afgekap wanneer dit op blote woorde op ‘n blog neerkom? Boeke is ook mos woorde en so is jou Bybel dus ook. Wat het jy teen geskrewe woorde anyway?

    Thomas skryf: “Die HERE seën jou en behoed jou”

    Eh, ek dink jou Bybel beveel jou om my anders te behandel. Jy mag my *juis* nie seen nie. Hier is ‘n gepaste versie:
    2 John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: (1:11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

    Sorry Thomas. Volgens jou Bybel, omdat my my geseen het, is jy ook nou skuldig aan my “evil” dade.

    Like

  5. Renier,

    ek is werklik jammer oor jou teleurstellings. Ek dink nie dit is vir my moontlik om te begryp presies wat jou belewenis was nie en hoekom jou lewe so deurmekaar geraak het dat jy twyfel in dit wat God vir ons gegee het.

    Ek bid dat ons Here en God jou in Sy hand van beskerming sal neem en Homself aan jou sal openbaar.

    Ek is nie in staat om jou te oortuig met dooie woorde op ‘n blog nie, ook deur enige verduideliking of beskrywing nie, maar God sal deur Sy Gees…

    Die HERE seën jou en behoed jou; die HERE sal sy aangesig oor jou laat skyn en jou genadig wees; die HERE sal sy aangesig oor jou verhef en aan jou vrede gee.
    (Num. 6:24-26)

    Like

  6. David Campos wrote: ” to all those critics … don’t criticise something you don’t understand.”

    What is it with you people and assumptions? I used to be a reborn, spirit filled tongue talking Christian. If you are referring to “feeling” the annointing and such, then I know very well what you mean. But pray tell, what is it that *you* understand and the critics don’t? Bring some evidence for your “understanding” at least, then we can have a good, hard look at it.

    David Campos wrote: “We were there .. we experienced God’s life changing power. ”

    Oh please. What makes your experience different from emotional experiences that people sometimes feel? How is it different from the “motivational” speakers and the effect they have on people? What makes your experience divine and not just, well, human?

    David Campos wrote: “Let me tell you ,1000s of men publicly confessed and repented of racism , addiction to pornography , Fear etc.. ”

    Really? Do you think they are now free of the fear of hell as well? But numbers appear to be important to you. Do you think if many people believe the same thing, or many people get’s emotionally whipped up to a fuzzy feel good haze, that it’s proof that they met a divine being?
    I’m all glad people renounced racism. It’s a big problem in the Christian community. Pornography? If people were addicted to it, then hey, it’s good that they now no longer desire to see other humans naked! Gasp. Horror! Hope they won’t go around telling other people what to watch on TV or read in mags.

    David Campos wrote: “God is Good and there is no Evil in him.”

    Is it evil for a deity to command his chosen desert tribe to murder fathers, mothers, sons and daughter, even babies? Well then, read your Bible, because it’s all there, what your Bible says about god and what you believe is not the same thing. Besides, a god who invented hell cannot be good, because it is more pshycotic than the most evil of humans. Eternal torture. Your god makes Hitler look like a saint by comparison.

    Bernd wrote: “Interesting how much everybody that has never experienced the things Tom talks about, has to say .”

    There it is again, another assumption. Is it all you have to worship, your assumptions? Did god reveal to you that I, the critic, never experienced these revival type things? But I have! So who is lying, you or god?

    Bernd wrote: “It’s interesting that with all the technology that we as a human society have developed and all our knowledge, we still also cannot prove that God doesn’t exist either. ”

    No offence, but this is pure nonsense and very poor reasoning. Have you for one moment sat down and thought about what you are claiming? Science cannot disprove your god, we know that. It is however not proof that there *is* a god. But allow me to point out something very obvious, so that you will not make this obvious false argument again. We cannot disprove the existence of *any* super natural entity because we cannot look everywhere. Can you disprove fairies? No? How about Zeus? How about Odin? How about Allah? How about all the Hindu gods? How about a god in someone’s imagination? No, you cannot. For the same reason we cannot disprove *your* flavour of god. You are however the one who claims that god does exist, therefore, the burden of proof is on *you* (or your god), not science. Do you understand this? It’s not up to science to disprove your god, it’s up to your god to prove he exists, if it matters to him of course.

    Bernd wrote: “Just like Renier already said when he referred to an Acid user, the people out there that believe that God doesn’t exist could quite easily also be described as being subject to a certain type of experience only and their opinions could therefore just as easily be discounted.”

    Do you claim that because people never observed a god, that we should ignore the fact that there is not one piece of evidence for god, on the same grounds we can ignore an Acid users claims about his/her experience of god while tripping? Your reversed “reasoning” is, uhm, interesting.

    Bernd, you make another mistake with this: “the people out there that believe that God doesn’t exist”

    I don’t “believe” god does not exist. I claim that without any proof or evidence for god, there is no reason to believe that you sky daddy is real. We don’t “believe” like you do. Notice the word, “a”theistic. Atheistic… No belief.

    Bernd: “As for those who believe that God is out to punish you, I can only encourage them to read again and more about Jesus. ”

    I have read, and read a lot. The default is eternal punishment. You have to believe weird things, like some man/god got killed by his father then turned zombie (ressurected) and did it all so that the father does not need to satisfy his bloodlust on *you*. If you don’t believe it, then this loving father will torture you in hell for all eternity. Did I miss something?

    Bernd: “Despite many intellectual arguments about how contradictory the Bible is etc. etc. etc.”

    You don’t need to be smart in order to read the Bible and find contradicting things and ideas in it. Theologians are aware of this, that’s why we get the “interpretation” and “context” excuses. God cannot be smart. I mean, he inspired the Bible, right? He must have intended people to understand, else why waste time? Yet, Christians have thousends of denominations and don’t agree on many things. Yet, every Christian is convinced that *his/her* “interpretation” of the Bible is the one that God intended. People see that god they want to see in the Bible, that is why there are so many differences in people’s opinions on god.

    Bernd wrote: “God is not out to punish you! No earthly father is out to “get” his own children unless of course if there is no love present, which is of course not what the message in the Bible is about.”

    The fact that Earthly fathers (if they have any love in them) will *not* wish their children tortured forever. That makes earthy fathers much better and loving parents that your god. Why make hell if it has not the purpose of eternal torture for those who does not/cannot believe? If god is all-mighty, he can do anything, right? If he is all-mighty and he does not want his children tortured, then he can make a plan that works, for all people, not just a few. So what is it? Is he not all-mighty, or does he simply want some (most) people to be tortured? Or perhaps, god and hell are just stories. After all, the Greeks also had a concept of hell before Jesus decided that Hell was a good story/plan. Saul of Tarsus even use the greek words for hell, like Tartarus. Take the greek hell, add all the pain and evil, and tada, the loving father’s house of pain if you don’t worship him. Fear is such a powerful motivator that it is no wonder it finds it’s greatest success in religion. Heaven and Hell. Bribary and blackmail.

    Bernd wrote: “If you don’t believe any of what has been said by him or anybody else about the Bible, then at least listen to the wisdom and message of love towards one another that can make this world a better place for all. Surely, there can’t be any wrong in wanting to better the world?”

    I agree with this. We need to be fair and tolerant. Now you might ask why I am here, disputing your ideas, your god, your religion? Because science is under attack by Christians, yet again. Although *you* might not be one of the loonies who wants to teach a stupid 6000 year old universe myth to innocent children minds, you are also not out there resisting them. Why is that? Because they are fellow “children” of god? The moderate Christians need to get a spine and stand up for fairness and reason. If not, they should not stand in wonder at all the atheists who are suddenly saying enough is enough.

    But, just another comment on your wish for “love”. Do you follow your Bible? How about this:
    2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
    2 John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: (1:11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

    Them darn non-Christians. Don’t even wish them well when you say good bye, because then you are also then guilty of their sins. Biblical love.

    Bernd wrote: “I find somewhat confusing is that these critics also expect everybody else to respect their opinion but they wouldn’t do the same for someone who has other opinions apparently.”

    What critic demands respect for their opinion? That’s stupid. It’s a friggen opinion. Without reason and logic the opinion deserves no respect. You don’t have to respect my opinion. Nobody has the right not to feel offended. What I do desire, is that opinions will be tested on reason, logic, evidence etc. Don’t just accept an opinion, investigate so that you can get to the truth of things.

    Bernd wrote : “but don’t seem to have had put any effort into investigating what these men have experienced”

    Yet another assumption! You don’t know what I experienced or not. Perhaps you should start questioning your other assumptions, such that god exists, that he is interested in *you* and that *your* version of god is the *right* version.

    Bernd wrote : “I think it was R 100 or so towards the arrangements? He doesn’t seem like a billionaire to me”

    R100 * 60000.. 6 million. What a good man. I suppose 3 mil went to hire the venue and the other 3 to feed starving children. Or Bernd, are you making assumptions again? I mean, Christians would never rip other Christians off, would they?

    Bernd wrote : “Yes, there are people out there that take people for a ride, but maybe one should consider the positive impact of this rather than simply criticize?”

    Follow the money, always check on the money Bernd. Positive impact? Sure, on his positive bank balance. But look, you are free to spend your money on whatever you like. I don’t say “Don’t pay him” or such. No, you are free to do with your money what you want. I am free to comment on it though.

    Bernd wrote: “And rather than being negative about our future as a country, nation and a planet”

    What’s all the crap in the Bible about famine and war and dragons and whores of Babylon and God’s wrath and fire and swords and dead people and rapture and trebulation and persecution… all there in Revelation. And your Jesus said “Behold, I come quickly”. Sure, it was 2000 years ago, but you feel upbeat about things *despite* of what your holy book says. And thats good!

    Bernd wrote: “because of the positive energy that has been created.”

    Now you sound like the looney New Agers. What “positive” energy? Can we measure it, or did you perhaps refer to “attitude”? Could we rather say motivated or encouraged. I suppose you would not say indoctrinated, brain-washed and bamboozled?

    Bernd wrote: “experience how much more there is to life where God is present and then see that it all actually does make sense.”

    Been there. Had a personal relationship with Jesus. I know what you mean, exactly. I used to think like you, just like you. Untill I realised there is no difference to my “Jesus” and a make-believe friend. It’s all in the head.

    Now, can someone please take the time to address my previous post on the assumptions your whole world view is based on. Anyone?

    Like

  7. Interesting how much everybody that has never experienced the things Tom talks about, has to say . There are far too many points of debate that have been put forward as a result of Tom’s feedback amout MMC 2008, so it’s impossible to really debate Tom’s point of view at all. I would like to contribute on a small number of them though.

    It’s interesting that with all the technology that we as a human society have developed and all our knowledge, we still also cannot prove that God doesn’t exist either. Sound ridiculous? (Well did they know that our current way of reasoning is based on the thinking of Descartes regarding scientific process and before that that there wasn’t really any method of thinking focussed only on the emotional/ unseen/ experience or just the scientific, but that is a whole different point.)Just like Renier already said when he referred to an Acid user, the people out there that believe that God doesn’t exist could quite easily also be described as being subject to a certain type of experience only and their opinions could therefore just as easily be discounted. Think about it.

    As for those who believe that God is out to punish you, I can only encourage them to read again and more about Jesus. Despite many intellectual arguments about how contradictory the Bible is etc. etc. etc. God is not out to punish you! No earthly father is out to “get” his own children unless of course if there is no love present, which is of course not what the message in the Bible is about. On the contrary, it is all about love and incidentally so is the message of Angus Buchan.

    If you don’t believe any of what has been said by him or anybody else about the Bible, then at least listen to the wisdom and message of love towards one another that can make this world a better place for all. Surely, there can’t be any wrong in wanting to better the world?

    I find it is easy for anybody to critisize what a lot of people may take for granted or have already thought through or experienced. It is often these same people that would say there is more to life, to which I couldn’t agree more – that is exactly why 60000 men get together! What I find somewhat confusing is that these critics also expect everybody else to respect their opinion but they wouldn’t do the same for someone who has other opinions apparently.

    And finally, why is it, when a purportedly intellectual conversation like this happens between critics and let’s say someone who has been to MMC 2008, the critics put forward all kinds of intellectual arguments, their knowledge and their experience, but don’t seem to have had put any effort into investigating what these men have experienced . Isn’t that what one should do in the first place?

    Did you know Buchan doesn’t charge a cent for any of his appearances and that this year’s camp is the first where participants have been asked to contribute, I think it was R 100 or so towards the arrangements? He doesn’t seem like a billionaire to me, but maybe there is something wrong with my eyes? Surely he could have charged men R 800 for the weekend and made a good fortune out of it? Or maybe even more? Yes, there are people out there that take people for a ride, but maybe one should consider the positive impact of this rather than simply criticize?

    Angus Buchan is most definitely not the first, and also not the last to bring the message of Jesus, albeit in his own way. I find it tremendously positive to gather so many men together for a good cause because they will go home and share with others. And rather than being negative about our future as a country, nation and a planet, maybe, just maybe, they will be part of something new that will only come about because of the positive energy that has been created.

    I wish and pray that all who criticize his efforts will begin to see the positive impact it can have and that one day they too will come to experience how much more there is to life where God is present and then see that it all actually does make sense.

    Like

  8. I was at the MMC 2008. It was a life changing experience .

    to all those critics … don’t criticise something you don’t understand. It takes Gods spirit to understand the things of God.

    We were there .. we experienced God’s life changing power. Let me tell you ,1000s of men publicly confessed and repented of racism , addiction to pornography , Fear etc.. Fathers and sons forgave and reconciled . black and white , English and Afrikaners held hands and wept publicly . Farmers and bankers sang like children carefree in God’s hands .

    God is Good and there is no Evil in him.

    Like

  9. Thomas skryf: “En ja, ek het God al gesien, gehoor, gevoel, geruik en geproe!”

    Regtig? So, verduidelik asb. Waar/hoe het jy hom gesien, gehoor, gevoel, geruik en geproe?

    Thomas skryf: “Wat weet ons eintlik van hierdie wêreld af met al die natuurwette soos swaartekrag, lugdruk en lewe? Om die waarheid te sê, NIKS NIE…”

    Swaartekrag. Hmmm. Einstein het ons nogal goed uitgehelp daarmee. Ons kan “predictions” maak en dit toets (en het al). Dis tog al hoe mens uitvind of mens reg is omtrent iets of nie. Of dink jy regtig ons weet niks en dus het die mens nog geen kennis deur observasie opgedoen nie? Kyk net bietjie om jou. Tegnologie, ruimte vaartuie, sateliete, medikasie, rekenaars ens. Dink jy nogsteeds ons weet niks?

    Maar jy Thomas, wat weet jy van god af? Het jy ‘n godelike sertifikaat wat ons in kennis stel dat jou opinie oor god die enigste, ware ™ opinie is? Het jy iets meer as opinie en persoonlike interpretasie van jou ou stowwerige geskrifte?

    Jy sien Thomas, die wetenskap het lank terug geleer dat “gevoel” en opinie maar bitter sleg is om die werklikheid te verstaan. Mense verwar immers so maklik hulle opinies, fantasie en geloof met werklikheid. Mense wat spoke sien, gode hoor praat, alien abductions, godsdiens ens. Al hierdie konsepte, soos godsdiens, berus op “assumptions” wat nooit getoets is nie.

    Assumption 1: God bestaan.
    Assumption 2: God is nie ‘n produk van die natuur nie, maar het die natuur gemaak.
    Assumption 3: God stel geweldig belang in mense, tot hulle sex lewe.
    Assumption 4: God het ‘n boek laat skryf.
    Assumption 5: *My* boek is die enigste boek wat god se wil openbaar.
    Assumption 6: As ek nie glo nie, gaan hierdie god my vir ewig torture.,

    Kom ons kyk, vir ‘n goeie begin, na assumption 1. Het jy enige bewyse dat ‘n god bestaan? En verstaan goed, jou persoonlike opinie, geloof en fantasie is nie bewyse nie. Laat ek verduidelik, dit is heel eenvoudig. ‘n Persoon wat Acid gebruik se ervarings van ‘n god is *nie* bewyse dat die god kwansuis bestaan nie. Dit is alles subjektiewe ervarings, dus ongeldig. As jy glo of die opinie het dat daar onsigbare pienk unicorns op die maan bly, dan is dit ook nie bewyse nie. Ons soek waarneming. En nie gewone waarneming nie, want ons wil seker maak,. “Verified” waarneming. Jou persoonlike gevoel, emosies, hoop, geloof en stemme hoor is ongelukkig nie doeltreffend om uit te vind of dit net jou kop is, en of dit realiteit is nie.

    Like

  10. Dankie George, vir jou “concern” …
    En ja, ek het God al gesien, gehoor, gevoel, geruik en geproe!

    Julle almal wat ‘n probleem het met wat ek sê bly fokus op 60,000 man en Angus – dit is alles meer as dit, baie meer!

    Wat weet ons eintlik van hierdie wêreld af met al die natuurwette soos swaartekrag, lugdruk en lewe? Om die waarheid te sê, NIKS NIE…

    Ek is nie hier om enige iemand te oortuig nie, maar om die lewe wat ek ontvang het met ander te deel. Hierdie lewe is ware lewe wat kom van Hom wat die natuurwette geskryf het, wat as die Lewegewer lewe gegee het in alles wat Hy geskape het.

    En God hoef niks mee te doen om my te red nie, Hy het my reeds Sy lewe gegee en maak nie saak wat gebeur nie, al vergaan die hele wêreld, ek lewe…

    Like

  11. Thomas

    In watter stadium het jy jou onsinverklikker afgeskakel? Het jy god al gesien? Gehoor? Gevoel? Geruik?
    Ag nee man, om intelligent te wees, beteken dat jy ten minste moet begin DINK. Buchan en jou 59 999 pêlle het nog nooit gedink nie. Om al sy twakstories te glo, dit vereis nie veel nie. Wat iets van jou verg, is ‘m ‘n slag te dink oor al sy aansprake.

    Die mens het a sy gode uitgedink, oor meer as 30 000 jaar wat wetenskaplikes bewsys het godsdiens die eerste keer as gerieflike instrument begin gebruik is om mense na die dood te begelei. Gaan lees bietjie wyer as net die Bybel. Dis ‘n argaiese boek geskryf deur ‘n klom antieke Midde-Oosterse mans. De mens se geskiedenis is veel meer kompleks en die natuurwette bepaal hoe en waar die mens gaan oorleef of tot iet gaan.

    As ‘n komeet of asteroiede die aarde more vernietig, gaan daradie god waarin jy glo, nie eens sy handjie verbrand om jou te red nie.

    Like

  12. Thanks Mack for your comments,
    But please don’t swear – have respect even for fools…
    I have read the link and so what – if you believe good if not good. This Blog is for Him the Life-giver and if you do not know Him you actually do not know what we are talking about. In your eyes we are fools and in ours you are…

    Willem Booysen, Dankie, maar dit is onnodig om ander te beledig omdat hulle nie glo so jy nie, dit is goed ons sal vir hul bid.

    This blog is creating an opportunity for those who want to meet Him, you don’t have to…

    He is the Life-giver the only true God and as far as I’m concerned that settles it. I’m not just raving about Angus and the 60,000 men for this is only a small drop in the work of God…

    Winston Churchill said “to improve is to change; to be perfected is to change often…

    Cherrie Carter-Scott said “Learn to be flexible; it makes the curves in your life path much easier to maneuver…

    What we are clinging to is the past and we are not willing to accept change…

    Like

  13. Dreyer, you have it all backwards. “I cling to stuff that I should actually let go of, which only increase the intensity of the whole dying process” –

    Yes Dreyer, you said it there!!!!!!!!!!! The stuff you cling to is god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that only INCREASES THE INTENSITY OF THE WHOLE DYING PROCESS!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as you accept the fact that there is no life after death, and no hell, no heaven, you will start to enjoy this life a lot more. It is all you have, all we all have. Enjoy it, it is short! Make the most of it. It isn’t so bad. Accept it, when you are dead, you are dead. But right now you are alive. You don’t have to understand it all, just remember this is it pal, there are no second chances at all.

    And do you really want to follow a bunch of fools all your 1 short life like Buchan? He just wants your money, and to have control over you.

    And one more thing: Read very carefully, this is important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Dying is EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It’s living that is hard.

    Good luck.

    Thomas Dreyer looks like he can’t wait to go to heaven. Imagine his surprise when he dies and finds out there isn’t a heaven, or hell. Or wait, if there isn’t a heaven or hell, he wouldn’t know anyway. In the mean time, he worships a ghost or three, he loves something that does not exist, he wastes hours of his week worrying about a mythical monster or 4 (counting the devil) who will f him up if he does anything wrong. And these monsters can read his mind. But 3 of them definitely loves him, as long as he does exactly what they want.

    The disturbing thing is all that talk about dying and killing and death, as Hendrik pointed out. You would think they can use a better more friendly metaphor or something. Very very scary. If you ever meet this arsehole, don’t turn your back on him and walk away very very slowly. Maybe he isn’t using a metaphor that day.

    Anyway, he must be retarded because he blindly follows an arsehole like Buchan. Believes every word he says, without question, because there are no questions on his blog, and he obviously don’t allow any either. Another thing that is scary is the fact that there was 60 000 other delusional dumb arseholes there, saluting Buchan and god like the nazis saluted, and they don’t question anything either.

    This raises an interesting question. Do they find it hard to question things, like faith, because they are all stupid cavemen, or is it because they are too scared, thinking that god and his son and that holy ghost and the devil really exist? You must be terrified!!!!!! Why else would they all stand together like this, and feel safer? Why else would they act like the bunch of brain washed dumb cavemen they act like? They aren’t too scared of the likes of us here on the blog, or the government, or the criminals in South Africa, but they are terrified of their own god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Time to break the shackles guys. Don’t you think you could do much better getting together for a better cause? Imagine 60 000 men and 60 000 women getting together to reason, and to try to solve some real problems in South Africa? Just think of the benefits something like this could have, not to mention the fact that some of them might even get laid.

    Burn your bibles, buy a case of beers, or a case of wine, get a box of condoms if you aren’t married, and lets all meet up to enjoy life a bit and discuss things that could make life better for us all and our children and our grand children.

    To waste all this time and resources on mythical monsters is very very childish, and a total waste of time and money, and could also be dangerous.

    By the way,

    Here is a link to another blog that might enlighten you Mr Dreyer.

    http://prometheusongebonde.wordpress.com/2008/04/25/mighty-but-so-ignorant-men/

    Like

  14. Liewe Dirk West. Dit vat ‘n GROOT SUCCER soos jy om ons God se kinders raak te sien – ONS BID VIR JOU OOK – SUCCER

    Like

  15. Mag enige iemand op hierdie blog comment, of net gelowiges, of dan net Christelike gelowiges?

    Like

  16. Thomas, just have a second look at what you have written above:
    The word “dead” appears twice.
    The word “death” appears thrice.
    The word “die” appears 7 times.
    The word “dying” appears 8 times.

    “The theme of this year’s MMC was Dying to Live, and rightly so because we were called to die.”

    And this is what you sincerely wish – for yourself.

    Why do you reject the incredible beauty of this (actual, real, existential) life for a “future life” for which there is not one single shred of evidence? A “future life” promised in a book written by primitive people who did not understand anything about the world, the universe, science, medicine, biology, mathematics. Nothing. They did not even know how to accurately calculate the relationship between the circumference and the diameter of a circle. Yet you are absolutely convinced that they knew everything there is to know about life, death, resurrection – and, wait for it – a “future life”. In fact, you quote from this book as if it is still the highest truth known to man. Wow.

    I hate to break this news to you, but you are a brainwashed member of a death cult. Don’t drink the Kool Aid.

    Like

  17. Ek is so opgewonde na die naweek van die MMC 2008, ek vra God elke dag dat Hy my net moet help om die vuur wat ek daardie naweek ontvang het nie te verloor nie. Ek wil ook vir Mnr. Buchan bedank vir die voorbeeld wat hy stel om te wys wat kan bereik word as ons staan op die woord van God en Sy beloftes.
    Ek bid dat Shalom Ministries sal bly voort gaan met die goeie werk.
    Groete,
    JJ

    Like

Lewer kommentaar

Verskaf jou besonderhede hieronder of klik op 'n logo om in te teken:

WordPress.com Logo

Jy lewer kommentaar met jou rekening by WordPress.com. Log Out /  Verander )

Google photo

Jy lewer kommentaar met jou rekening by Google. Log Out /  Verander )

Twitter picture

Jy lewer kommentaar met jou rekening by Twitter. Log Out /  Verander )

Facebook photo

Jy lewer kommentaar met jou rekening by Facebook. Log Out /  Verander )

Connecting to %s